Monday

Shop Your Pantry & Give the Gift of Prosperity!



What to do when time and funds are in short supply...



and I find myself in need of a few more simple gifts


to offer as a token of my affection to friends and family
?


I put together packets of my famous ...

Prosperity Soup TM and Prosperity Hummus TM


and present them by way of my

Good Thoughts Collection
TM


How? I take ordinary dried beans from the pantry

(today I had a lot of white, northern beans)

along with some recycled white cardboard coffee cups...

(washed out with a weak water and bleach mixture).




I dig out some of my plastic produce netting...


from our jar on the counter.



I pull out our staple supply of cellophane bags....

and repackage the beans for gift~giving.



I'm sure you must remember my long~time motto...

"Packaging is everything!"





Some of the soup packets I put inside a recycled, cardboard cup...


cradling it all with white netting

and scraps of brown paper from my recycling box


...and tied with raffia.





Other packets become part of a larger gift basket...


and carry labels I generate from our computer.



Here, I printed out my favorite bean recipes...




rolled the paper into a scroll...tied them closed using raffia

...and included them when I presented the gift.

~~~~~~~

All were made in about an hour

using items available in the pantry...

my recycling bin and computer.

~~~~~~~

What do you have in your pantry that would make a welcome...

yet fast and frugal gift?


~~~~~~~

Idea and partial excerpt from first book,

Frugal Luxuries, published by Bantam,NY, NY, 1997.